Discover Scuba Diving Experience
Have you ever wanted to experience the beauty of an underwater paradise? If so then a discover scuba diving experience is the perfect option, especially if you don’t have the time or money to complete your full open water course, or if you’d just like to give it a try before doing the full course.
Discover Scuba pool experience involves a small theory session with the instructor, as well as answering a few basic medical questions to prove that you are medically fit to participate.
Scuba diving is an exciting and demanding activity. The purpose of the following questions is to find out if you need to be examined by a doctor before you participate in recreational scuba diving. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving.
If you answer YES to the following questions you will need to complete a diving medical before starting your PADI Discovery Scuba Diving Experience.
1) Do you currently have an ear infection?
2) Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
3) Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
4) Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
5) Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attacks or hay fever or allergies, or lung disease?
6) Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
7) Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
8) Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
9) Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
10) Are you or could you be pregnant?
11) Do you have a history of colostomy?
12) Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
13) Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
14) Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
15) Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
16) Do you have a history of diabetes?
17) Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
18) Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
19) Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
For more information please download dive medical leaflet (PDF).
After that we take you for a pool session of approx ½ – 1 hour to show you the basic skills you’ll need to master to go for your dive at one of our magnificent underwater playgrounds.
With the option of going for 2 dives with one of highly experienced and professional instructors.
The cost for the Discover Scuba pool experience is $60.00 and this is fully inclusive of all the gear you’ll require.
If you are interested in adding on two dives in the ocean prices start from $131.00
If you’re interested in joining the million of divers worldwide addicted to underwater exploration please give us a call on (07) 3409 8888.